In this episode I address listener queries from a recent Webinar I conducted for the British Association of Sport and Exercise Scientists.
- What are your favourite sleep supplements?
- Any previous research on how the amount of sleep can impact on YOUNG CHILDREN?
- Are short naps (30min) really the best way to recover or would you recommend longer napping time? Would it differ for match day?
- As a PT I often start early finish late is napping or one long sleep a week the same as regular 8 hrs?
- At what range of rest (hrs of sleep) is it deemed dangerous to train? (i.e high injury risk)
- Best strategies to promote sleep in soccer players when kick off is 8pm
- Can nutritional intake affect sleep?
- Can u clarify what you mean by 'athlete', and to what extent ur principles apply to non-professional athletes?
- Current gaps in research with regards to sleep and elite team sport athlete’s wellbeing.
- Does sleep requirement change or just the type of sleep during high-volume training periods? how is this best managed?
- How can we trust actigraphy data from a third party ie Fatigue science vs raw actigraphy data?
- How do you get more Slow Wave Sleep? What if after analyzing the sleep cycles that although asleep you stay in your light sleep
- How to deal with a jet lag
- I am interested in the sleep strategies employed for prolonged military excursions.
As always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org